- Created: Thursday, 05 November 2015 20:35
- Written by Bill Tibbitts
The Coalition of Religious Communities'
2016 Faith Day Schedule
February 2: United Church of Christ and Disciples of Christ Day
February 4: Presbyterian and Baptist Day
February 9: LDS and Islamic Day
February 11: Jewish and Unitarian Universalist Day
February 16: Lutheran Day
February 18: United Methodist Day
February 23: Episcopal Day
February 25: Multi-Faith Day
Everyone is welcome to come to any of the faith days! On each day we will be meeting in the Aspen Room of the Senate Building at 9 AM for an orientation and then going to meet with legislators.
CORC's priority issues for the 2016 legislative session are:
• Reducing the number of families that are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless because they cannot find an affordableplace to live.
• Expanding Medicaid in Utah to cover everyone under the poverty level,
• Supporting enhanced oversight of payday lenders, and
• Supporting an increase in the minimum wage paid to tipped employees.
If you would like more information about faith days, or to invite us to come talk about these issues with your faith community, call Bill Tibbitts at Crossroads Urban 801-364-7765 ex 107.